Alison GreenDate Published
May 10, 2018Subject
I'm a HUGE fan of Alison Green's "Ask a Manager" column. This book is even better' Robert Sutton, author of The No Asshole Rule and The Asshole Survival Guide
'Ask A Manager is the book I wish I'd had in my desk drawer when I was starting out (or even, let's be honest, fifteen years in)' -Sarah Knight, New York Times bestselling author of The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck
A witty, practical guide to navigating 200 difficult professional conversations
Ten years as a workplace advice columnist has taught Alison Green that people avoid awkward conversations in the office because they don't know what to say. Thankfully, Alison does. In this incredibly helpful book, she takes on the tough discussions you may need to have during your career.
You'll learn what to say when:
• colleagues push their work on you - then take credit for it
• you accidentally trash-talk someone in an email and hit 'reply all'
• you're being micromanaged - or not being managed at all
• your boss seems unhappy with your work
• you got too drunk at the Christmas party
With sharp, sage advice and candid letters from real-life readers, Ask a Manager will help you successfully navigate the stormy seas of office life.